Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 47: Fast and Easy Bean Stew

The Recipe
2 carrots, chopped
1 large potato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
100g cocktail sausages, halved
1 (15oz) can beans, undrained.
7dl (~3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup salsa

Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onion, carrot and potato for about 5 minutes. Add sausages, broth, beans, salsa, thyme and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.

The Verdict
I made a LOT of changes from the original recipe. The ratios were all off (IMHO), and it was only supposed to simmer for 10 minutes instead of 20 - but the potatoes and beans were no where near done at that point. So this is my adapted recipe, but I think it ended up quite nicely :) I used chicken sausages as that was all I could find at the time, but I'll probably stick with pork sausages another time. Still easy despite my changes (even if not as fast), and a lovely comfort food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment