Sunday, September 11, 2022

Week 36: Chicken Kebabs (Air Fryer)

The Recipe
450g chicken breast
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
1 tbsp honey
3 bell peppers
1 red onion 1 small squash

Cut chicken, bell peppers, squash and onion into 2-3 cm pieces. Place the chicken in a plastic bag together with the oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, chili and honey. Leave to marinate for at least fifteen minutes (I left mine overnight).

Assemble the skewers by mixing up chicken, squash, bell pepper and onion - I had enough for 7 skewers with the above amounts. Brush the veggies with the remaining marinade.

Place the skewer holder inside the air fryer basket, lay the skewers on top and cook at 180C for 10-12 minutes, turning the skewers over after 5-6 minutes. I had to do this in batches, as my skewer holder could only hold 4 at a time.

Serve with potatoes and a nice salad.


The Verdict
SO GOOD!!! I had expected leftovers, but nope! We ate it all :-D The marinade had gotten a tad spicy for DH, so I'll use less chili next time for his sake, but with a bit of creme fraiche on the side it worked fine, and I absolutely loved it. This is definitely a recipe I'm going to use again. It would work really well with different kinds of meat and different marinades as well.

Edit Made this again a few days ago with beef instead of chicken, a honey, soy, garlic marinade and mushrooms instead of squash. Once again really, really good, and we ate every last bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment