Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 3: Mexican Chicken Casserole

I'd received this recipe from a friend after asking for suggestions for a potluck. It sounded interesting, so I thought I'd try it out.

The Recipe
Bake 2 chicken breasts until they're done. Cut it into chunks. Crumble nachos chips into a baking dish. Cover with the chicken. Mix together chicken broth, cream of mushroom and chicken soup, green chilies and sour cream and pour on top. Top with more nachos chips and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until heated through.

The Verdict
Unfortunately much too rich for my tastes. I wasn't too fond of the soggy chips at the bottom, and really missed some more greenery. I think if I were to make it again, I'd only have chips on top, and add heaps of bell pepper to the broth/soup/chili/sour cream mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment