Friday, June 9, 2023

Week 24: Sweet & Spicy Sausage Dish

The Recipe
~400g sausages
~500g potatoes
2 bell peppers
1 large onion
1tbsp olive oil
1tbsp honey
1tbsp mustard
salt, pepper, oregano
Fresh herbs (optional)

Cut the potatoes and sausages into pieces ~3x1cm, cut the onion into wedges and the bell pepper into bite sized pieces.

In a bowl, mix together onion, potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Preheat the airfryer to 180C, add the potatoes and onions and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile use the same bowl to mix together honey and mustard. Add the sausages and give it a good stir until the sausages are completely coated. Add to the air fryer, stir everything up and cook for another 6 minutes.
Dump the bell peppers into the same bowl to scoop up the last of the honey-mustard mix. Add to the air fryer, give a good stir and cook for a final 7 minutes.

Put some fresh herbs on top and serve immediately with ketchup or sweet chili sauce on the side.

The Verdict
Really easy and really good! After dinner I commented to my husband that I could see myself making this again. "I insist that you do!" was his immediate response, which is always nice to hear :-D I bought some good quality sausages with garlic and cheese, which definitely added to the taste. The onion I used was perhaps a tad too small, so I may use a bit more of that next time, and it could be fun to add cherry tomatoes as well - but neither of those changes are really needed - it worked perfectly as-is.

No comments:

Post a Comment