Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2: Pork Marinara

Yet another recipe from my ever-growing stack of printouts.

The Recipe
Brown diced pork tenderloin in oil and curry. Add red wine vinegar, lemon juice and 2 cans of tomatoes with chilli and herbs. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Add chopped onion, garlic and bell pepper and let it simmer for a bit longer. Serve with spaghetti and shredded cheese.

The Verdict
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this recipe. When reading it, it didn't sound all that different from spaghetti bolognese, so I almost gave up on trying it. I'm glad I did though, because while it is very similar, it's a refreshing variation to a well-known recipe and one that I think I might actually prefer. Especially since it uses half as much meat and twice as much tomato sauce... I think there may be a closet vegetarian hiding inside me somewhere.

Another recipe that'll go into my permanent collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment