Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 10 - Pork Chops Diablo

The Recipe
The recipe I found called for making a thin "pocket" in the side of the pork chop using a sharp knife. However, the pork chops I got hold of were already quite thin, so I didn't want to mess around with that, and instead used a meat hammer (or whatever it's called) to make them even thinner, and instead of stuffing the "pocket" with a mustard-chili mixture, I spread it over the pork chops, folded them in half and used tooth picks to keep them closed. I then sprinkled one side with pepper and cooked them on a hot skillet for a couple of minutes on each side.

Serve with boiled potatoes mixed with balsamico vinegar, green beans and a bit of garlic.

The Verdict
The potatoes were actually a bit boring - I think I either got old potatoes or cooked them for too long. The pork chops turned out really well though! Pork chops tend to get a bit dry when cooking them on a skillet, but the mustard kept them nice and moist. I'll have to experiment some with different 'stuffings' - garlic and salsa would probably be really nice as well, or cheese perhaps... Definitely an idea I'll return to, even if I don't return to the specific recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment