Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 44: Vegetable Gratin

I never said the recipes had to be for main courses ;) Side dishes count as well.

The Recipe
1 broccoli
3 leeks
3 carrots
200g mushrooms
100g shredded cheese
3 eggs
1.5dl milk
Salt, pepper

Wash and chop the broccoli, leeks, carrots and mushrooms into bite-size pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn down the heat to medium-low and let simmer under lid for 10 minutes. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.

Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Top with shredded cheese.

Bake at 225C for 20 minutes.

The Verdict
I'd used tex-mex cheese which actually have a really nice kick to the dish. Other than that, I have to admit I wasn't too impressed by it. Too much work for something that only tasted okay. But then I never have been terribly fond of broccoli. I might have enjoyed it more if I had used squash instead.

DH didn't care much for it either, so this one gets dumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment