Friday, December 2, 2011

Week 48: Red curry soup

The Recipe
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
chili
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp red Thai curry paste
5 cups chicken stock
2 duck breasts, skinless and boneless (couldn't find duck, I used chicken)
125ml coconut milk (I used a small can ~ 160ml)
1 tsp sugar
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (couldn't find any - I used soy sauce)
1 red and 1 green bell pepper
1 small can of corn (~150-200g)
Basil

Cut the duck and bell peppers into bite sized pieces.

In a pot heat up the oil and stir fry onion, chilli and ginger for 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring. Add the chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.

Add all remaining ingredients and let simmer for 5 minutes, so the vegetables are warm but still crisp.

Sprinkle with basil leaves when serving.

The Verdict
I absolutely LOVED it. It tasted delicious and had a nice 'bite'. It was too hot for DH unfortunately, which I should have anticipated. I really want to try it with duck now, as I think that would only improve it.

2022: I tried making it again last night with duck. It still tasted good, but didn't have as much bite to it as I remembered. It's alright, but that's about it.

The duck was NICE though :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment