Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 49: Café Chicken

This recipe fits nicely into a 3.5L slow cooker

The Recipe
4 chicken breast halves
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bell peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
8-10 cherry tomatoes, whole
1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
Black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a slow-cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.

Serve with baked potatoes.

The Verdict
Super easy to make and tasted good too. The chicken was a bit dry, but once I got it cut up in small pieces it didn't seem that bad. I added extra salt and chilli sauce to my portion. Next time I think I might toss the chicken with flour first, to make a thicker sauce - it was awfully watery this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment