Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 12: Chicken Nicoise

The Recipe
1 cup white wine
400g chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano, thyme and basil
1 bell pepper, cut into strips
8 olives

Heat 1/4 cup of the wine to boiling in a skillet. Cook chicken in wine, turning once, until brown. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Add garlic, onions, olive oil, herbs, bell peppers, olives and remaining wine to skillet and heat till boiling. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add chicken back to the skillet, reducing heat to medium low. Cook 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Serve with rice.

The Verdict
My chicken didn't exactly brown in the wine - it just turned white. I think it boiled rather than anything else. That's okay though, it still tasted good, although a bit dull - I added both soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce to my portion. I think I'll use more olives next time too, because there weren't quite enough for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment