Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Week 15: Salsa Steak

The Recipe
4 cube steaks (couldn't find any, so I used pork chops instead)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups chuncky salsa

Pre-heat oven to 200C.

Place steaks in an oven proof dish and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
Arrange bell pepper and onion over the meat and pour the salsa over all. Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the steaks are done.

Serve with rice.

The Verdict
For my husband's sake I used mild salsa which was probably a good thing as he still found it a tad on the spicy side, and I could always add more chili at the table ;) It turned out pretty good. Not mind-blowingly so, but good enough that I might make this again another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment