Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best of 2013

My favourite resolution is the one I started in 2010 - to cook one new recipe each week. I've managed to keep it quite well, and I've discovered a number of new favourites this way. In no particular order, here are my 10 favourites of 2013.

Chicken Chili - a spicy chicken soup with chili and cream cheese. Lots of spicy goodness in this one! I made it an evening Lars wasn't home, so I could make it as spicy as the recipe called for. Yum!

Chicken Philly Sandwiches (Crockpot) A nice alternative to smothered burgers.

Roasted Bell Pepper and Avocado Soup. A delicious and creamy soup. You can't really taste the avocado, but it does wonders for the creaminess of the soup.

Bacon Cheddar Biscuits. I've made these 4 times already. They're SO good :)

Bacon Double Cheese Burger Salad. Even Lars loved this enough to ask for leftovers the following day. Drat, I'd hoped to keep it all to myself! ;)

Nacho Potatos We both love nachos and I make it far too often ;) This will make a nice alternative.

Moroccan Chicken (Crockpot) A lovely and warming stew.

Southwestern Bean Salad I think I mostly love this because of all the avocado ;) But the different tastes go really well together.

Baked Chicken Tapenade Even my not-too-fond-of-chicken husband loved this :) I think the olives helped ;)

Oven-Baked Chimichangas. What can I say? I love pretty much anything that gives me an excuse to eat avocados ;)


... and then two that aren't really new recipes, but traditional Danish meals I finally got the hang of this year :)
Fried Pork with Parsley Sauce... with homegrown potatoes and eaten while sitting out on our porch. It was just the perfect meal for a Danish summer evening :)

Ham with Apple-Horseradish Sauce. One of Lars' favourite dishes, and I got the recipe from his mother - I HAD to get this one right! And fortunately I managed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment