Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Week 29: BBQ Chicken

The Recipe
~800g chicken (mix of dark and light meat)
2 onions, sliced
1 350ml bottle of BBQ sauce

Add everything to the crockpot in the order listed and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.

Serve with boiled potatoes and some greens.

The Verdict
DH prefers light meat, I prefer dark, so this was a good chance for each of us to get our preference. One of the easiest crock-pot meals I've found so far (only 3 ingredients? sign me up!) and SUPER tasty. There was PLENTY of BBQ sauce, so it's possible that 1 cup would have been enough... but it's also possible that the fact that the chicken was completely covered is what made this so good!

I didn't try the light meat, but the dark was really, really good and I ate far more than I should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment