Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Week 45: Asian Glazed Chicken

The Recipe
1lb chicken breasts
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp balasmic vinegar
1/2 tbsp honey
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
The green bits of 2 spring onions

Mix together everything but the chicken and spring onions. Add the chicken and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and transfer to the air fryer basket. Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through (mine took a bit longer, next time I think I'll cut them into halves).

Meanwhile transfer the marinade to a small pot and cook over medium-low heat until it reduces slightly. Add the spring onions last minute.

Serve over rice.

The Verdict
The chicken wasn't quite cooked through at first, and then I cooked them for too long the second time around, so they ended up rather dry, unfortunately. I think I'll cut the breasts in halves next time, so the original cooking time will fit better. Also, there really wasn't much marinade left to turn into a drizzle, so I may double all those measurements for next time.

All in all, I think I'd say it was good, but not great. Made the kitchen smell amazing though, so definitely might make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment