Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 41: Raspberry Cheesecake

The Recipe
220g digestive crackers
200g butter

400g cream cheese
200g sour cream 38%
100g sugar

250g raspberries
Juice from ½ a lime or lemon

½l whipping cream, whipped

Melt butter. Crush crackers. Mix and press firmly into the bottom of (GREASED!!!) spring form pan. Bake 15-20 minutes at 200C.

Mix cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth.

If using frozen raspberries, boil them briefly (1 min) and set aside to cool. Crush raspberries and mix with lime juice until even paste. Add to cream cheese mixture and fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled digestive cracker crust and freeze for several hours or until firm.

The Verdict
NB: the measurements given above result in waaaaay too much "filling". I couldn't use all of it or my spring form would overflow. If I were to try it again, I think I'd double the measurements for the crust and cut down on the whipping cream to perhaps just 2.5dl. That would have the added benefit of giving the cheesecake a more cheesy taste. As it was, it tasted more like raspberry cream than raspberry cheesecake. I liked it, it just wasn't the result I was going for.

It was really easy to make though, so it's definitely got that going for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment