Thursday, January 18, 2024

(2024) Week 3: Air Fried Chinese Duck

The Recipe
(Serves 2)
2 duck breasts
2tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp honey (divided)
1tsp five spice powder (divided) (I didn't have this, but google told me I could use garam marsala instead...)

Prepare ahead of time Mix together the soy sauce, half the honey and haft the five spice powder in a bowl with a flat bottom. Pat dry the skin of the duck and put into the bowl skin-side up, making sure the skin isn't covered by the marinade - dump some out of you have to. Cover, but leave a few holes for air to circulate and leave in the fridge overnight.

Place the duck in the air fryer, skin side up and pat the skin dry one last time. Cook at 165C for 15 minutes.

Mix together 2tbsp warm water, the rest of the honey and the rest of the five spice powder. Coat the skin of the duck with the honey mixture and cook at 200C for another 10 minutes.

The Verdict
Smelled sort of weird while cooking, so I was a bit hesitant, but OH my goodness! It tasted AMAZING! I had added potatoes to the air fryer and cooked the duck on top of them, which worked really well, but honestly, you can serve this duck with just about anything that doesn't require a sauce of some sort. Would be delicious in a salad as well.

Next time I also want to try to add 1tbsp oyster sauce and 1tbsp minced garlic to the marinade as I didn't have oyster sauce and forgot(!!) the garlic this time around.

Really delicious, so I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment