Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week 23: Beef with ginger and bell peppers

I ended up using pork instead of beef as beef is ridiculously expensive. Seriously, it cost almost twice as much as the pork! I doubt it changed the recipe all that much though.

The Recipe
400g beef cut into strips
1 tbsp oil
3 bell peppers
1 large leak (I didn't have that, so I used squash instead)
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
2.5dl beef stock
1 tbsp soy sauce
some flour for thickening the sauce.

Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and put them cut-side down on some foil on an oven rack. Grill them for about 10 minutes until they are brown on top.
Heat the oil in a wok and cook the meat for 2-3 minutes or until done. Remove from the wok. Cut the bell peppers and leak into bite sized pieces and chop the garlic and ginger. Add it to the wok and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add stock and soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Add flour if a thicker sauce is desired. Add meat and heat through. Serve with wild rice.

The Verdict
Another "I don't need a recipe for this!" recipe. I seem to have acquired a number of those over the years! Guess I'm a better cook now than when I first started collecting these... which is a really good thing ;) It tasted good, and I might definitely make something similar another time, but I don't need to save the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment