Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 8: Orange Pork Chop

Let me say from the start - I had HUGE misgivings about this recipe. I don't generally like warm oranges, but it sounded intriguing and I was home alone, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

The Recipe
(Serves 1)
1 pork chop
1/2 orange, peeled and sectioned (eat the other half while cooking dinner!)
1/2dl olives, chopped (that's about 10 - give or take a few)
1/2 clove of garlic, chopped (I just used a really small clove instead)
1 tsp olive oil
salt & pepper

In a bowl, mix orange, olives garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.

On a pan, cook the pork chop in oil until light brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Add the orange mix to the pan and warm through for a minute or two. Careful, you don't want to actually cook the oranges, just give them a warm up. Make sure to scrape up any brown bits from the pan at this time as well. Pour oranges over pork chops and serve with baked potatoes.

The Recipe
Well... it's a good thing I didn't make any bets about not liking this, because I would have lost horribly. It tasted FANtastic! The pork chop was moist and tender, and the garlic-olive-orange mix gave an added boost to the meat that I would never have expected. Definitely a keeper, even if I don't think it'll be DH's cup of tea.

Oh, and it LOOKED gorgeous too. Just check this out:

(I had some left-over bearnaise sauce that I added to the potato. Mmmmm... Bearnaise sauce....)

No comments:

Post a Comment