Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 14: Nudel-auf-lauf

I guess it's a bit of a misnomer to call this a "new" recipe. I've had it for probably around 13 years, and back in 1996-1997 had it made for me very often. However, I'd never actually made it myself, so I think it still counts :)

My hostmother made this for me all the time, and since I'll be seeing her again in just over a week, I thought it was appropriate to finally try to make it myself.

The Recipe
500g cooked noodles/pasta
200g cheese cut into pieces
150g diced ham
1 bell pepper cut into pieces
3 eggs
milk
butter
bread crumbs
salt, pepper, oregano

Put layers of pasta, cheese, ham and bell pepper into an oven proof dish. End off with a layer of pasta. Top with a few pieces of butter.
Mix eggs with a bit of milk, salt, pepper and oregano and pour over the dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake in oven at 200*C for 45-60 mins. Serve with ketchup or chilli sauce.

The Verdict
Every bit as good as I remembered it! This is comfort food at its best. Easy to make, even if it does have to bake for ages and just plain satisfying. I don't know why it took me so long to get out the recipe and try to make it for myself, but now that I have, I will definitely be making it more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment