Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 13: Indonesian Chicken

The Recipe
Boiled chicken pieces - approx. 800g
1 red bell pepper in stripes
1 yellow bell pepper, in stripes
10 cherry tomatoes - halved
2.5 dl cream
1 clove garlic, chrused
1 tsp curry
1.5 tsp sambal oelek
0.75 dl mango chutney (sweet or hot according to taste)

Preheat the oven to 225*C
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place it in an ovenproof dish together with bell pepper and tomatoes. Whip the cream lightly and mix it with curry, garlic and chutney (blend the chutney first if you want to get rid of the large pieces). Add sambal oelek and salt according to taste. Pour the whipped cream over the chicken.

Cook the chicken for approx. 20 minutes.

Serve with rice.

The Verdict
Wipped cream in a hot dish? I just HAD to try this! I decided to use turkey rather than chicken though, and only got white meat - I think next time I'll make sure to have some dark as well. However, I only used about 500g, and that was still PLENTY for 3 people.

It turned out really well :) I think I'll make a bigger portion of chutney-whipped cream next time, as it could have used a bit more sauce, and I might also add a bit more sambal oelek as it was rather mild, but I wanted to start out carefully for my DH's sake. It's rather time-consuming though, so I haven't quite decided if it was worth the effort, but it tasted good, and you can prepare quite a bit of it in advance, so I think it might be a good dish for late nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment