Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 8: Southwestern Chicken

The Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
400g chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 can (400g) diced tomatoes with chilli
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp Mexican seasoning (I used taco seasoning)
Juice from 1 lime
1 tsp sugar

Heat the oil in a pan, add chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes until brown. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add bell pepper. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours.

Serve with rice.

The Verdict
I liked it, DH found it a tad too spicy. Usually I wouldn't have added the extra chilli, but last time I made a crock-pot meal where I left out the chilli it ended up too bland! I still need to find the perfect balance. But wonderfully easy to make, and tastes good too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment