Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 40 - Western Glazed Pork Chops

The Recipe
2 pork chops
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 cup salsa
2 tbsp orange marmalade
1/3 cup shredded cheese
Aluminum foil wrap

Preheat oven to 200C. Place pork chops in a shallow baking pan lined with foil. Sprinkle with chili powder. In a small bowl, combine salsa and marmalade and spread half of the mixture over the pork chops. Bake for 15 minutes, then spread remaining salsa mixture over pork chops and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle cheese over pork, return to oven and bake for 2 minutes longer or until cheese has melted.

Serve with potatoes and beans.

The Verdict
There's a first for everything, and this was a first for me - making something even I wasn't able to eat. Fortunately I was home alone, so I didn't subject Lars to this as well. The glazing just did NOT taste good. Possibly it might be a hit for somebody fonder of orange marmalade than myself, but as it was, I had to scrape off the glazing before I could eat the meat. Suffice to say this is something I WON'T be making again.

No comments:

Post a Comment