Monday, May 31, 2010

Week 21: Pepper Steak

The Recipe
1/2 pound pork chops, cut in 1/4" strips
1 green pepper in strips
1 onion in slices
1 500g jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cube beef broth
1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce

In a large wok, heat oil and cook meat until done to your liking. Add peppers and onion and cook 3-5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in pasta sauce, beef cube and Worchestershire sauce and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.

Serve with pasta and a salad.

The Verdict
Not bad at all, but I'm really not sure I needed a recipe for this! It was good to be reminded that one can make meat sauces without ground meat though, so I guess I did need a recipe after all. I served it with feta cheese on top which added a very nice touch. A nice variation to the usual spaghetti bolognese.

No comments:

Post a Comment