Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 4: Caroline Crock Pork

The Recipe
1lb pork chops
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1tsp mustard
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix together everything but the pork chops. Add the pork chops to a slow-cooker and pour everything else over. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours.

Serve over rice.

The Verdict
I can definitely understand making this as a freezer meal! The best thing about a crock-pot is that it's quick and takes little to no preparation time. Sure, chopping up garlic and onion doesn't take forever, but it's still great to be able to leave out even that small step. I put this on a Saturday I was going out to a birthday brunch, and it was GREAT not to have to worry about dinner when I got home.

Unfortunately the pork chop I got was slightly 'off' in its taste, which ruined the dish for me somewhat, but DH loved it, so I'm definitely willing to give it a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment